How to Navigate My Car Accident After A College Student Hit Me

How to Navigate My Car Accident After A College Student Hit MeIn Denton, it isn’t uncommon to find college drivers. Consequently, it is commonplace to be involved in a car accident with a college student. For the most part, you would handle the car accident the same way you always do, college student or not. However, some special considerations may come into play when you live in a college town like Denton. Here are a few ways to navigate a car accident after a college student has hit you.

Assess the Damage

Directly after you are involved in a car accident, ensure you are safely off the road, turn on your hazard lights, and if applicable, light road flares. If you are injured, call 9-1-1 and wait for medical assistance. If the college student who has hit you is intoxicated, do not approach and instead let the authorities handle the situation.

Gather Information

Take pictures of the damage and the placement of your car if you can. Collect information of witnesses and take a picture of the college student’s driver’s license and insurance card. Write down what you remember about the accident as soon as possible. This information will be crucial to have when you talk with your attorney.

Special Considerations

Sometimes college students may not be insured or may still be on their parent’s insurance. They may have insurance on the car under their parent’s name and not be listed on the insurance. Due to their income, they may be underinsured and only have the bare minimum of required coverage. This is why it is important that you have your own comprehensive insurance coverage that can provide you with the compensation you need.

If you have been involved in a Denton car accident, contact Todd Durham today. Call 972-362-0046 to schedule your initial consultation.