Medical Bills You Might Have After a Denton Car Accident

Common Hit and Run Accidents in DentonCar accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence. In fact, the odds are relatively high that you’ll experience a car accident at some point in your lifetime.

So, if you are involved in an auto-related accident, there’s one question that you’ll likely need answered – what medical bills should you expect to have to pay?

What the State of Texas Says

In Texas, the law states that every car registered in the state must carry at least $20,000 in liability insurance for accidents injuring one person, and a minimum of $40,000 for accidents injuring multiple people. So, if you’re involved in any type of car accident, this coverage will pay for your medical bills. Of course, it’s also possible that your health insurance will cover your medical-related expenses. It’s always worth checking in with your specific insurance company to clarify what is, and isn’t, covered.

Should I Hire a Lawyer?

So, you’ve been involved in a car accident, and you’re pondering the question: Should I hire a lawyer?

The short answer? Yes.

Though you’re never required to hire any type of lawyer specifically for auto accidents, it’s often a very good idea to do so – regardless of whose fault the accident was. A lawyer who specializes in car accidents can be a very helpful resource for the plethora of paperwork that accompanies most accidents. She or he will be able to assist you with handling negotiations with an insurer and during the all-important settlement process.

Whether the case has gone to court, or you’d just like to consult with a professional resource, hiring a lawyer after your auto accident can be extremely helpful.

Contact Todd Durham

If you’ve been involved in a Denton car accident, contact Todd Durham today! Call 972-362-0046 to schedule your initial consultation.